School uniform outwardly shows the pride that we have in our school and it is important that learners look smart. A separate 'School Uniform' leaflet is also availble from the school reception.
- grey knitted V neck jumper with green and purple stripe on the neck and school badge *
- plain grey school wear trousers or
- grey granite stitch-down knife-pleat skirt *
- white collared school wear shirt / blouse which buttons to the neck
- school tie worn correctly (to the neck) *
- tights - black or grey
- socks - black, grey or white
- smart plain black shoes that support and protect the feet
- accessories such as belts and hair bands should be plain black
* specific to uniform suppliers
Learners in Years 7, 8 and 9 will need the following:
- black sweatshirt
- white polo shirt or white crew neck t-shirt
- a pair of one of the following - black shorts or black tracksuit bottoms or black leggings
- astro turf trainers or plastic stud football boots
Learners in Years 10 and 11 who have picked PE as an option:
- grey crew neck t-shirt
- grey hoody
Learners should check their school equipment daily and arrive equipped for the day’s lessons. All exercise books, text books etc are supplied. A good strong bag should be used to carry books and equipment to and from school.
Equipment for learning can be found in the 'Home-School' booklet for new Year 7 learners. Copies are available from the school reception.
Uniform / PE kit suppliers
Jean Emporium Schoolwear, 15 Sussex St, Rhyl. LL18 1SE
Tel: 01745 360480 Email: email@example.com
Boppers Schoolwear, 4-6 Abergele Road, Colwyn Bay. LL29 7NN
Teejac Sports (PE kit only)
Tel: 01248 353575 Website: teejac.com
PE kit from Teejac Sports can be viewed and ordered online. Orders made before the end of June will be delivered in bulk to school. Orders made after June, will be delivered to school ready for the first day of the new school year.
School Essentials Grant / School Uniform Grant
A School Essentials Grant can be used to help pay towards the cost of:
- school uniform including coats and shoes
- school sports kit including footwear
- school equipment e.g. school bags and stationery
- sports outside of school
- uniforms for wider activities e.g. scouts, guides and cadets
- equipment for activities to support the curriculum, e.g. design and technology
- equipment for out of school hours trips, including outdoor learning
- Duke of Edinburgh
- computers, laptops and tablets
The School Essentials Grant rates for the 2023-2024 school year (based on the year group your child is entering in September 2023) is as follows:
- £200 for learners starting in Year 7
- £125 for learners in Year 8, 9, 10 and 11
Eligibility for School Essentials Grant
School Essentials Grant for learners in Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 will be available from Conwy County Borough Council for parents / carers who receive anything from the list below or those who are classed as No Recourse to Public Funds:
- Income Support*
- Job Seekers Allowance Income Based*
- Employment Support Allowance Income Based*
- Child Tax Credit provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income, as assessed by HMRC that does not exceed £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- State Pension Credit Guaranteed Element
- Universal Credit with a net earnings limit of £7,400
*Learners who receive Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance Income Based, Employment Support Allowance Income Related or Universal Credit in their own right are also eligible.
If you have previously received a School Essentials Grant in respect of your child/children (and they currently receive Free School Meals) there is no requirement to complete an application form each year, unless there has been a change in your circumstances.
How to apply
For more information and to apply for the School Essentials Grant, please complete the online application form through Conwy County:www.conwy.gov.uk