Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan is a 'Healthy School' and follows the 'Healthy Eating in Maintained Schools' statutory guidance issued by the Welsh Government.
School meals are provided by Shire Catering which offers a wide range of high quality food for sale at breakfast, break and lunchtime.
How to pay for school meals
The school restaurant operates a cashless system. You can either pay on a daily or weekly basis for school meals using Wisepay. A benefit of using this system is that you will also be able to see what your child eats each day. More information on WisePay can be found here.
As of April 2022, school meal prices are £2.90.
Eligibility for free school meals
Free school meals are for parents / carers whose child attends a school within Conwy County and receive at least one of the following:
- Income Support*
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance*
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income, as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs that does not exceed £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- State Pension Credit Guarantee Element
- Employment Support Allowance Income Related*
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with annual net earnings of no more than £7400 (April, 2019)
*Learners who receive Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment Support Allowance Income Related or Universal Credit with annual net earnings limit of £7400 in their own right are also eligible.
Welsh Government has made funding available for a free school meal allowance of £19.50 per week per entitled child to make the free school meal provision available during school holidays up to 31 August 2022.
How to apply
For more information and to apply for free school meals, please complete the online application form through Conwy County:www.conwy.gov.uk